Hola! In last weeks post we talked about how alkaline forming foods can promote healing, while acid forming foods can facilitate disease promotion. When looking at the list below remember that our body can function with acidic-forming foods, but it’s when we get in excess is it most harmful. We need balance but our bodies overall are slightly more alkaline.
Did you know that just by adding more alkaline forming foods into our diet we can promote healing! Also even JUST by reducing acidic-forming foods in our diet we can fight disease. Watch this 6min video where Dr. Oz explains this well.
Heres a list of just some acidic forming foods
- Breads, and most other grain products (cereal, crackers, pastries).
- Cheese (parmesan and sharper cheeses are the worst).
- Colas, alcoholic drinks, caffeine.
- The following nuts: walnuts, pecans, cashews, dried coconut (fresh coconut is alkaline-producing), pistachios, macadamias, brazil nuts, and peanuts.
- Practically all drugs.
- The following beans (unless sprouted, in which case they become alkaline-producing): pinto, navy, mung, lentils, black, garbanzo, red, white, adzuki.
- Meat (beef, pork, lamb, and chicken) and fish.
- Refined table salt
- Low-fat yogurt
- Whole milk, butter
- Oats, brown rice
What are some interesting ways you can start reducing this list? Next week, we’ll look at some alkaline promoting foods! Too learn more about pH check out my article here.